Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The nights and days of our diva

Okay, so last night I was jolted out of bed in the middle of the night by Julia screaming. Of course, I ran into her room, and it was obvious that she was in the middle of a very scary nightmare. I asked her what was wrong repeatedly, and in her half-asleep stupor, she tearfully responded, "I don't WANT to wear the PINK ones, I WANT to wear my WHITE WEDDING SHOES." Even though I felt really bad for her, I couldn't help but crack a smile. Imelda Marcos or Sex and the City's Carrie Bradshaw could relate, I'm sure.

Today, Julia departed from her usual Disney princess persona and pretended to be Barbie -- apparently prompted by a Barbie valentine she received from a friend. When I would call her Julia, she would quickly correct me, saying "No, I'm Barbie!"At one point, she turned around, smacked her bum and shook it, and said, "I have a Barbie booty." Wish I could say the same!

1 comment:

brownfam said...

That is so hillarious. I wish we could see what kids dream.